This week’s topic is Top Ten Memorable Things Book Characters Have Said. You know those quotes from characters that just stick with you long after you finish the book? I don’t always remember exactly which character said them but they are still some of my favorite quotes of all time. It's no wonder that most of my favorite quotes of all time come from books because hey I read a ton..... no pun intended.
Here are some of my favorite quotes that characters have said in books:
1. Tuck from Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.”
2. Gandalf to Frodo from The Lord of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
“Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
3. Sam from The Lord of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien“There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”
4. Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”
5. Alaska in Looking for Alaska by John Green
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
6. Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
7. O'Brien in 1984 by George Orwell
“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
8. The Witches by Roald Dahl
“It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.”
9. Johnny in The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
“Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold.”
10. Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
Do we share any of the same favorite quotes from above?