Author: Lili Valente and Lauren Blakely
Published: December 18th, 2020
A sexy best friend's brother romance from bestselling authors Lauren Blakely and Lili Valente! I'm the wrong guy for her. She's sunshine, and cherry pie. I'm whiskey and fast cars. I'm also keeping one hell of a secret from the woman I've wanted for years. But when I find a list my sister left behind for Ruby, I've got no choice but to offer the sexy, big-hearted girl next door both a road trip and a chance. A chance to discover how big she can dream. And if some of those dreams play out in the bedroom? Well, there’s nothing wrong with a few -- okay, several -- hot nights together as we hit the beach, visit old stomping grounds, and test all sorts of limits, in and out of the sheets. Seven days, then I'm off, moving across the country, far away from her. No way can things get complicated in a week. Ruby and I aren’t the kind of dream that has a shot of coming true. Especially once she learns what I’ve done. GOOD WITH HIS HANDS is a sexy standalone romance in the Good in Bed series!
Falling for your friend's brother.
Lauren Blakely is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything that she releases. I had never read anything by Lili Valente before but I was very pleased with this author duo and Good With His Hands. The book follows a girl named Ruby and her best friend's brother Jesse. The two of them have had a thing for each other for as long as they can remember and finally take the leap and take a chance romantically. It is one great friends to lovers story that is written extremely well despite there being two authors.
Unfortunately, after finally making moves on each other Jesse admits that he is going to be moving across the country. Can their relationship last despite a move? Regardless of the book being kind of slow-moving and predictable, there were countless things that I loved about this book.
1. Jesse is not a player and from the start warns Ruby about his move before becoming intimate.
2. The sex is hot.
3. Before the two characters cave and become intimate the angst and build-up/anticipation to their first kiss is everything and oh so entertaining.... exactly how I like my romance novels. It is nothing but steamy!
4. Both Ruby and Jesse are very supportive of each other and their goals and dreams.
5. Both Ruby and Jesse are artistic and have a very cute scene painting.
6. I loved reading about both of Jesse's and Ruby's family members.
7. The character's first date is so cute.
8. Jesse encourages Ruby to step outside of her comfort zone and encourages her to be the best version of herself. He sees the potential that she has.
9. Grief is shown beautifully and the two characters lean on each other in the best way to get over Jesse's sister dying. This is when grief and tragedy can bring people together and is depicted extremely well.
10. I loved the bucket list that Claire ended up leaving for Ruby. How Ruby was determined to do everything on the list that her best friend Claire intended for her to do.
11. There is amazing flirting that will make you smile.
12. Ruby has great strength and does not let a car accident get the best of her despite her injuries.
13. Even though this was written by two authors you have absolutely no idea who wrote what because both authors are such amazing writers and worked extremely well together.
This is one friends to lovers romance that you do not want to miss. It has substance to it and will hit your heartstrings in all the right places. There were some teary-eyed moments in there too! Good With His Hands was relatable and beautiful!
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy, and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones.