If you are one of my frequent reader's then you know that I have cut down on blog posting in the last couple of months. A lot of stuff has been going on with me personally and therefore I had kind of took a step back from blogging. That doesn't mean my reading has been lacking in the slightest though. Just the opposite. I have actually found that the fewer expectations I have put on myself to read and complete reviews the more I have been reading. Shocker there..... make it seem less like a job and the more you want to do something.
My school has also taken my main focus and commitment. Plus, I am getting further into my program and therefore the more is assigned and the assignments have gotten harder. In the sense that I have to focus more of my time on the class at hand.
I have had a lot of self-growth and not the best mental health days due to COVID and all of its mess it has brought on. Somedays, I have to remind myself to breathe. My depression has gotten the better of me and I have had to take some of my own TLC days. I have always been very candid about my mental health and mental health awareness. I have struggled lately.
One thing, I have been doing to boost my mood is reading romance and only romance. I am a sucker for a good romance novel. Or, I have been watching more like binging trashy girly reality tv. Also, recently, I have been binging the show Nashville. I never saw it when it was on tv and man is this a good show! If you like country music then you have to give this show a try.
Taking a hot bath with a nice candle burning with my favorite smell also helps when I feel depressed. You should try it. It's pretty great. Try pairing that bath with some great music or an audiobook and you have reached heaven. Any of my playlists on Spotify are great to listen to for some music suggestions.
My blog is constantly changing as am I. So, I am trying to come up with some new ideas to bring into the next couple of months. As always, you mean the world to me, my readers.
Here are some of my notable favorite read's/books from the last couple of months that I do not have on my website as of now.
- Right Where I Want You by Jessica Hawkins: There’s a thin line between love and hate . . . and it cuts right through the middle of their office. Bad boys? They run right over good girls like Georgina Keller. But after a confidence-shattering breakup, she’s determined not to let anyone at her new workplace push her around—least of all the brooding creative director, a “bad boy of publishing” who’s made it clear she’s enemy #1. Sebastian Quinn's taste for fast cars, late nights, and beautiful women may have gotten him to the top of a leading New York magazine, but the reputation that made him is suddenly threatening to end his career. Georgina can help Modern Man shed its bad reputation, but in order to do that, she’ll have to start at the top—and no amount of rakish charm or inconvenient attraction will distract her. Because if Sebastian gets her right where he wants her, it means she’s going down.
- Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels: Wedding hookups never amount to anything. Those who partake in this wicked little activity know the rules. Get in. Get laid. Get out. There's no expectation of a relationship. It is what it is. Dylan Sparks knows the rules. She’s familiar with the protocol. And she engages in the best sex of her life with a complete stranger at her ex-boyfriend’s wedding. Reese Carroll doesn’t care about the rules. He wants more than just one night with Dylan. And Dylan finds him too addicting to pass up. Sweet Addiction is the story of one woman’s struggle to keep things casual, and one man’s desire to never let her go.
- Getting Lucky by Ali Parker: This guy could offer me the moon, and I’d hand it right back. Never in a million years did I expect to run into the biggest crush of my childhood. But, of course, I have. And I’m reporting to him at the new company I landed a big-time job at. Arrogant. Hot as hell. Total jackass. Why he’s still single is no mystery to me. He’s not willing to settle down. He’s always been that way, and as far as I’m concerned, he always will be. But, boy, is he beautiful to look at. Every part of me screams "run" as my insides turn to mush. No. Not me too Not again. I should be immune by now. I know him far too well to fall into this hopeless pit of adoration again. But maybe there’s a way around it. It’s his power that drives me over the edge of insanity. If I were the boss instead of him, I’d hold all the cards. Good thing I’m always up for a challenge. Funnily enough, this guy thinks he’s going to score. He might have to redefine what getting lucky looks like after me. At least, that’s the plan.
- Good Girl by Piper Lawson: I wanted to fall for a man. Instead I fell for a legend... The month I wrote my first piece of code, Jax Jamieson launched his third platinum album. The week I drank my first beer, he spent in jail. The day I got under his skin, I wound up on his tour. And the night he gave me his hoodie… I fell in love forever.
- More, Please by Kate Aster: Allie Donovan knows exactly what she wants. And it has nothing to do with the hot Navy SEAL she picked up in a bar. Really... it doesn't. Since graduating from college, she's been juggling two jobs while fostering abandoned dogs, with her sights set on opening a rescue kennel. She'll do whatever it takes to succeed, even if it means fighting back her cravings for the man who's been fueling her fantasies since she got her first taste of him in a hotel elevator. Former SEAL Logan Sheridan never thought he'd find himself landlocked in the Midwest after separating from the Navy last year. He's always gone where his country needed him. Now he must help his family... while avoiding the pressure to take his place at the helm of his father's multi-billion dollar corporation. But a chance meeting with Allie might change the direction of his life... or reveal a past he doesn't want to face. More, Please is a stand-alone novel with no cliffhangers.
- Pretend I'm Yours by Ella Miles: I’m a twenty-two-year-old virgin. Tonight that changes. I thought my first time had to be magical. The perfect date. The perfect place. The perfect guy. I thought I wanted to be in love. But now, I’m desperate. I’ll take any guy as long as he’s decent looking and treats me well, at least for the night. Turns out Mr. Perfect isn’t so hard to find. He’s hot, dreamy, and filthy rich. And he wants me. Sex with him is going to be better than I ever imagined. He’s going to ruin me for all other guys. I know that it is just for one night, but it doesn’t matter. I’m happy to get my perfect night. One night isn’t enough, for either of us. Because Mr. Perfect just fake proposed to me. And he wants this proposal to last a lot longer than one night. Will you pretend to be my wife?
- Cocky Playboy by Alex Wolf and Sloane Howell: He’s a bastard in Burberry. Decker Collins knows how to do one thing—win. When his billion-dollar law practice moves to merge with a firm out of Dallas, she shows up to oversee the transition. Tate Reynolds—the vixen in Versace. She’s whip-smart, sassy, and gorgeous. Oh, and she doesn’t take any of Decker’s sh*t. With the merger hanging in the balance, they go to war with each other. There’s only one problem. This war isn’t just about business. Because when they’re not butting heads… They’re banging headboards.
- The Rebel by Kelsey Clayton: I don’t play by the rules. Never have, never will. The second our eyes met from across the club, I could feel a shift in the air—an overwhelming pull drawing me in. One mind-blowing night is all it was, or so I thought. Repeating my senior year may not have been the plan, But finding out my one-night stand is my new teacher— That’s something I never saw coming. His gaze bores into me with the same intensity. That body, those hands, I remember every touch. I should stay away, but I don’t want to. This time, all bets are off. I’ll let him think he’s in control, Until I bring him to his knees. Passion and fire, Forbidden and wrong. Like I said, I don’t play by the rules.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Have you read any of the books above? What did you think of them? I miss blogging. Catch you next time!