I had no idea I was even nominated back in May by alysinbookland! Thanks, girl for nominating me. Being nominated for any blog award is always such a great honor. Back when I started my blog, I had no idea anyone would even be interested in reading what I had to say.
Before we start, what is this award in the first place?
Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. *Awww. Thank you!*
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Which author has influenced you the most?
Oh my, there are so many. Way too many to list. However, some of the greats include Harper Lee, Christina Lauren, Penelope Ward, Vi Keeland, J.R.R. Tolkien, and C.S. Lewis.
2. If you get a lottery, what would you consider first?
I would build my own library room but also pay off all of my debt first. Mainly student debt and of course buy a lot of books.
3. If today was the first time that you have seen a rainbow, describe your emotions?
I would be amazed.
4. What is one of the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
It is okay to not be okay and to have a bad day.
5. If you could only read one book/series for the rest of your life, what would it be?
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.
6. What is your favorite read from childhood?
I'll Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.
7. What is something someone would never guess about you?
I can be very stubborn and competitive.
8. How long have you been blogging and what prompted you to start?
My blog started in Feb of 2018.
9. Do your family and friends read your blog? And, if so, what feedback (if any) do they give you?
I am sure they do. They actually have never given me feedback just that I do a good job and that they are proud of me.
10. If you could change one thing about blogging, what would it be?
How much time it takes. The drama that sometimes ensues. Working hours on posts and then you feel like no one reads them.
11. What makes you happy?
Reading, my dog, and my family.
1. Would you rather experience a favorite series as if it were the first time, or receive early access to your most anticipated upcoming release with no review obligations?
Early access for sure. Bring on the ARCS.
2. Do you seek out spoilers or avoid them at all costs?
Avoid them. I cannot stand spoilers.
3. If you could arrange a meeting between any two characters from different books (or series), who would you pick and why?
I have no idea. Maybe, all of my bookish boyfriends lol.
4. Name a book that exceeded your initial expectations.
RoomHate by Penelope Ward.
5. Take any of your favorite books and explain the plot badly.
A group of four kids who overthrown the ruler to become the rulers of that place. – Narnia *sorry, I’m not good with this haha* (STEALING FROM alysinbookland BECAUSE I AM LAZY AND HER ANSWER WAS CUTE).
6. You get to compile a short story anthology with up to eight authors. Who do you invite, and what is the shared theme/motif?
ROMANCE OF COURSE. STEAMY
7. What makes you feel better on a bad day?
8. Do you have any reading quirks / interesting habits?
I do not like to lend my books out. I like them looking new and fresh all the time.
9. If you could be pen pals with any fictional character, who would you pick and why?
Hermione Granger. I love her so much.
10. What’s the hardest thing about blogging?
Finding the time sometimes and to not be lazy.
11. Pick one of your favorite books (or series) and create a fitting ice cream flavor. What is it called, what does it look like, and how does it taste?
I am so not creative. Being lazy with this one and not doing it.
1. What is your favorite, very specific genre to read? i.e., 19th-century romance or Japanese inspired fantasy?
2. Explain your star rating system!
5 –I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK MORE THAN ANYTHING! A NEW FAVORITE.
4 –I really liked it.
3 –So-so read. Average.
2 –Ugh!I did not really enjoy the book but I didn't hate the book either.
1 –WHAT THE HECK?! I did not like this book.
3. How many books do you like to read at once?
As many books as possible.
4. What is your perfect reading environment?
Laying in bed with my dog.
5. Short books, or long books & why?
Any, as long as they are good. Length doesn't bother me as long as I am entertained.
6. Tell us about a book that haunts you, and why?
IT by Stephen King. I hate clowns. Terrified me but in a good way.
7. What inspired you to start blogging & how long have you been blogging?
My love for books and I wanted to talk to other readers. My blog started in Feb of 2018.
8. What is your go-to book recommendation that you can’t shut up about?
Anything by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland. I love them so much. Or Christina Lauren.
9. What fairytale/folktale would you love a retelling of?
10. Aside from blogging, tell us three hobbies you love.
Thrifting, decorating, hiking.
11. Name a book that made you cry.
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren.
1. If you could choose one book to live in forever, which would it be?
Harry Potter. I want powers.
2. What genre are you the most drawn to?
3. Are there any films that you thought were better than the book?
The Notebook and A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks.
4. Which supporting character do you think deserves their own book and why?
I can't think of anyone specific.
5. How would you describe your blog in just one sentence?
A Romance Junkie.
6. Of all the books you own, which one has the nicest cover?
I love the Caraval series covers by Stephanie Garber.
7. Which country or place would you most like to visit?
8. Which book do you always find yourself recommending to people?
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
9. What are your favorite type of blog posts to write?
I love answering questions like this one or book lists.
10. Share one of your favorite quotes from the book you are currently reading or have just finished reading.
“Your mother’s holding for you on line two,” she says. “If I were you, I’d buy a florist and a candy shop. Maybe a winery too. Sounds like she needs them.” Might be time to resign from my personal life.” ― Pippa Grant, Mister McHottie
11. What is your favorite thing about the book blogging community?
How welcoming and nice everyone is.
My Questions for My Nominees
1. What got you starting reading in the first place?
2. How do you decide what to read next?
3. What popular book did you dislike?
4. What genre do you never read? Why?
5. What are your top five favorite books?
6. Any advice to other bloggers?
7. What was the last book that you did not finish and why?
8. What is your go-to genre?
9. Where do you edit your photos for your blog?
10. Do you have any blogging pet peeves?
11. What is one book to movie adaptation that you did not like?
I am nominating the following blogs for the Sunshine Blogger Award: