This is the second entry to the newest series on my blog. I thought it would be helpful not only for me but for other fellow readers out there to learn the tips of other bloggers. All bloggers selected are the best of the best in my opinion. Blogging isn't always easy. I know my blog is all self-taught. Blogging takes a lot of trial and error to see what works best for you. My blog definitely gets better over time. This girl is always down for helping promote other awesome bloggers. As bloggers, we have to stick together!
For this interview, I have selected Heather @openlybookish! She has an awesome blog and I just love her site vibe. We have been bookish friends since the start of my blog. Heather even lives in Arizona like me. I love connecting with local bloggers and bookish people. We were supposed to meet up one day at a local coffee shop but sadly, I was out of town that weekend. Maybe, one day soon we can.
1. When did you start your blog?I started my blog in Feb 2017.
2. How long have you been blogging?The same amount of time? I have blogged under other names, but this one I've had almost 3 years.
3. Why did you choose to write a book blog?I choose to do a book blog because Sasha Alsberg inspired me with her Booktube channel.
4. What inspired you to pick the book niche?I picked this niche because reading is my absolute favorite past time.
5. Some book blogging pet peevesI can't think of any.
6. Favorite bookI have too, many. Feel free to add me on Goodreads to find out.
7. A book you think every young person should readWhen We Believed In Mermaids by Barbara ONeal
8. What resources could you not live without while blogging? (Canva, etc.)Books and my Wordpress app.
9. What’s your favorite type of post to write?I like random life ones.
10. Tips on how to grow your audience and blog viewsPost often, Tweet a link to your post, reply to comments on your blog.
11. What’s the best ARC you ever received?
When We Believed In Mermaids by Barbara ONeal
12. Tips for new bloggersBe patient, don't over request books, and enjoy the process.
13. The best thing about our communityHow friendly everyone is.
14. Where do you edit all your bookish graphics?Wordpress
15. Favorite Book to movie adaptationAnne Of Green Gables
16. Favorite GenresYA, memoirs, Spirituality, and self-help.
17. What is your favorite book on your personal bookshelf?
18. Favorite types of blog posts to readSelf-help themed ones.
19. Name some automatic buy authors
- Ellen Hopkins
- Gabrielle Bernstein
- Jay Kristoff
20. How do you receive ARCS?NetGalley, TLC Book Tours, Smith Publicity, Hatchett Book Group, St. Martin's, Booktasters,
John Hunt Publishing
21. Positives and negatives on blogging that you’ve experiencedI over request on NetGalley.
22. Any other tips, advice, or really anything you want to add.Don't ever let reviewing ARCS take away your love of reading.
My blog isn't very unique. I just like sharing about what I've read and chatting with readers via
23. What makes your blog unique?
the comments section.
24. What other blogs do you like to read?Kalyn Nicholson.
25. What is your favorite bookish item that you own?I don't really have a fave bookish item.
26. What else do you do for fun besides reading? What makes you unique?I watch booktube, photography, and write poetry.
27. What is your favorite social media site for blogging and why?Twitter (she didn't state why)
Thank you, Heather, for being apart of this interview! I hope everyone enjoyed this interview. I am always looking for new blogs to interview. Let me know in the comments down below if you are interested!