Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover (basically, people know you’re a book lover because… i.e., you’re always carrying a book or two, your library card broke from overuse, etc.)
If you want to look at other Top Ten Tuesday prompts you can go here.
Here are my ten signs that I am a book lover:
1. I always carry a book with me. It doesn't matter where I am going I always have a book in my bag or on my phone.
2. I sneak time to read. Whether I am in line, stuck at a doctor's office, I am always sneaking or finding time to read. I get way more reading done this way.
3. I cannot fall asleep without reading. At the end of the day, I need to read a book in order to fall asleep. Insomnia is the worst and I suffer from it horribly. The only thing that can put me to bed is a book. I look forward to bedtime and reading my book all day. There is nothing like unwinding with a good book.
4. I try to encourage my friends and family to read. I am always pushing my loved ones to read and recommending books. I want them to enjoy reading as much as I do because I think they are missing out.
5. I am constantly running out of room on my personal bookshelves that I even had to get another shelf to accommodate all of my many books. If I rate a book 3 or below I have to get rid of it to free up more room on my shelves.
6. I get so unbelievably excited over book mail and getting new books. I love their smell. I mean book pages are the best smell right?!
7. Everyone comes to me for book recommendations. I can come up with a book for anyone that they may like in mostly any genre.
8. When my family or friends come to me asking if I want to go to a specific movie most of the time I will end up saying I loved the book or I read the book or even I don't want to see it yet until I read the book. Often, when I leave the theater I will end up saying the book was so much better.
9. I obsess over book covers. I will even buy books just because of their beautiful covers even if I do not know what the book is about.
10. When I leave my house for an extended amount of time or go on vacation I take too many books with me. Book overpacking is a real thing. I have a hard time choosing which books to bring. I never know how much time I am going to have to read. A big fear of mine is running out of things to read.
How do you know that you are a book lover? Do we have anything in common? Aren't books the greatest? I do not know what I would do without books and reading.