I have always had self-confidence issues. Even though, I have never really cared what people thought about me. I more so struggled with self-love due to my depression and anxiety. Being a girl, I know this is a common thing. It has taken me many years to realize my self-worth. Never forget just how precious you are. Everyone is special in their own way. Here are some of the many lessons that I have learned along the way...
1. The only person who can make you happy is yourself
- No relationship can make you happy. Happiness comes from within.
2. Not every day is going to be bursts of sunshine and rainbows
- You are still going to have bad days and that is okay. It is important to take good care of yourself on those days and be gentle to yourself. Self-care is a must! Need ideas on what to do in those bad days? Check out my post on 100+ Ways to Take Care of Yourself - Best Self Care Ideas and Tips.
3. If you don't respect yourself how do you expect others to?
- For the longest time, I did not care about myself. People constantly kept using me because of it. I was putting myself in very vulnerable situations where people would walk all over me. Only until I started caring about myself and sticking up for myself did others start treating me the way I wanted to be treated. Respect yourself and care about yourself and other people will too. Stand your ground. You are strong!
4. It is important to forgive yourself and give yourself grace
- No one is perfect. We are all human. The only thing that is perfect is God. As a human, you are going to make mistakes and that is okay. Embrace your mistakes. Move forward and learn from them.
5. Make every moment count and embrace time with your loved ones
- It is important not to live life with any regrets. You never know when your time is up. No one is guaranteed a timeline. Love and cherish the moments you have with people. You never know when they will not be on this Earth anymore. Take as much free time as you can to be with the people that you care about and never waste time. What I wouldn't give to have more time or one more second with some of my family members and friends who are not alive anymore. Death is a very real thing and it happens when you least expect it.
In life, you are constantly growing. I don't know about you but the older I get the more at peace I am feeling. I truly believe that wisdom comes with age. What lessons have you learned in the past couple of years? I would love to hear from you. Go ahead and share some of your wisdom in the comments down below.